Joshua Tree Lake RV & Campground is located at the southern edge of the Mojave Desert – offering panoramic views of the North face of Joshua Tree National Park, exceptional desert vistas, and spectacular night skies.
GPS is not recommended. Use the information below:
2601 Sunfair Road
Joshua Tree, CA 92252
Directions to JT Lake RV and Campgrounds
Joshua Tree Lake RV and Campground is located off (Hwy) SR 62 (Twentynine Palms Highway) on Sunfair Road. Take Sunfair Road north from (Hwy) 62 for 5.2 miles. The Joshua Tree Lake Entrance (2601 Sunfair Road) will be on the right hand side.
• From the West: On Hwy 62, at the light at Park Blvd in Joshua Tree, California; drive 4 miles East on Hwy 62; turn left on Sunfair Road.
• From the East: At Adobe Road, Twentynine Palms, California; drive 11 miles West on Hwy 62; turn right on Sunfair Road.
Traveling to Joshua Tree…
• From LOS ANGELES, CA:; 131 miles – San Bernardino, CA and Valley areas: 77 miles:
Head East on the I-10 Freeway towards Palm Springs. From the I-10 Freeway, merge onto State Route 62, (also called Twentynine Palms Highway”) marked with a large, brown State sign announcing the “Joshua Tree National Park” exit. Be alert: SR 62 can be easily missed. It is just a few minutes past the Hwy 111 exit. Drive SR 62 up two large grades, approximately 35 miles to Joshua Tree.
• From RIVERSIDE, CA: 82 miles; ORANGE COUNTY; all points from the South:
The 60 Freeway East to the I-10 Freeway East. Follow the instructions from the Los Angeles area for the remainder of the trip. From San Diego, CA: 156 miles; Calico, CA: 155 miles I-15 North to Hwy 215 to Route 60 East. Route 60 will merge into I-10 Freeway East. Follow the directions from the Los Angeles area for the remainder of the trip.
• From LAS VEGAS; NEEDLES, CA: 110 miles; Laughlin, NV: 130 miles; and all points from the Northeast:
- Option 1: Take Highway 95 South. Turn right onto the 62 Highway. Head west to Joshua Tree.
- Option 2: An alternate, faster (but more complicated) route: Take Highway 95 South to the 40 Freeway. Head West and exit on Kelbaker Road. Turn left at Kelbaker (heading south) to Old Highway (Route) 66 (a.k.a. “National Trails Highway”). Turn right and head West to the City of Amboy. Turn left at Amboy Road. Go South for one hour to the City of Twenty-Nine Palms, California. Turn left at Adobe Road. Turn right at Highway 62 (Twentynine Palms Highway). Drive West for 15 miles to Joshua Tree.
• From PHOENIX: 290 miles:
Take the I-10 West to CA-177 North. Turn left onto the 62 Highway. Head west to Joshua Tree.
Palm Springs, California (PSP) approx. 40 miles from Joshua Tree.
Ontario, California (ONT) approx. 90 miles from Joshua Tree.
Los Angeles, California (LAX) appox. 142 miles from Joshua Tree.
This is a $4.99 Shuttle from LA to Palm Springs
Find Your Route
Mooring Basin Transit Authority – Routes from Palm Springs to Joshua Tree Retreat Center available.
Transit Van Shuttle
Prices do not include gratuity for the chauffeurs.
Super 8 Yucca Valley
15.1 miles (22 minutes) from The Lake
57096 29 Palms Highway, Yucca Valley, CA, 92284
Best Western 29 Palms
13.2 miles (15 minutes) from Joshua Tree Retreat Center
71487 Twentynine Palms Highway, Twentynine Palms, CA 92277
More options to come. Stay Tuned!