Immerse yourself in yoga and selfless service in this epic a 100 hour transformational journey and retreat in the heart of India. Embark on a 14-day program of yoga, service and self-discovery designed for dedicated students, teachers and seekers who wish to deepen their knowledge of yoga and take their practice and teaching to new heights. Delve into daily practice to uncover this ancient tradition in a breathtaking eco-retreat surrounded by nature and magnificently constructed temples.
This transformational journey to the self with internationally renowned yoga teachers Yogrishi Vishvketu from Rishikesh & Sianna Sherman from California, with spiritual discourse by celebrated author and speaker Radhanath Swami. Together we will gather in a beautiful ecovillage oasis situated in the lush foothills of the Sahyadri Mountains in Maharashtra, India and unite the sacred East/West traditions and teachings of yoga.
– Immerse yourself in yogic lifestyle & transformational study at an award winning eco-retreat center
– Connect with a conscious community & global sangha
– Discover many of the diverse aspects of yogic practice and teaching with inspiring and internationally renowned teachers Yogrishi Vishvketu and Sianna Sherman
– Wake up your travel palate with an authentic experience of India
– Learn practical tools and yogic techniques that will ignite a lifetime of sustainable and inspired practice, including asana, pranayama, mantra, kriya, meditation and more
– Dive into the roots of yoga with sacred conversations on the wisdom traditions of India from guest teachers
– Experience peace and healing through a Bhakti fusion of chanting and sacred service (karma yoga)
– Take your teaching & practice to new heights with 100-hour of continuing educational credits with Yoga Alliance
6:00-8:00am Yoga practice and meditation with Yogrishi or Sianna
8:00-8:30am Traditional Fire Puja
9:30-12:15pm Philosophy, koshas, yogic lifestyle
12:30-2:30pm Lunch and rest
2:30-5:30pm Yoga integration, asana, pranayama, sequencing (optional for those who do not require a certificate of completion)
5:30-6pm Walking meditation
7-8 pm Satsang and chanting with Gaura Vani, Visambar Seth, Radhanath Swami
We will practice sacred silence from 9pm until after breakfast each day.
The ancient tradition of yoga and practice of self-realization has deep roots in the motherland of India.This program offers participants an authentic experience of yoga, set in a beautiful eco-oasis of spiritual practice. Live your practice by attending daily classes, receive guidance and mentorship from experienced teachers and dive deep into uncovering your true nature through self-study, contemplation, seva in the local village and optional ayurvedic treatments.
This program qualifies current registered teachers of yoga for continuing education credits with the Yoga Alliance and provides a unique learning opportunity for students who wish to dive into an authentic experience of all aspects of yoga.
* All styles of yoga and levels of experience are welcome. Come on retreat or to enhance your teaching skills.
The Journey to the Heart 100-Hour Immersion is a 14-day residential program that will inspire you to invoke the heart of yoga into the whole of your life. Immerse yourself into an authentic ashram experience, a holistic approach to the practices of yoga and the devotional path of service. This immersion will provide students with a tapestry of tools to infuse their teaching and practice. This is the trip of a lifetime!
– The Art of Healing: 5 layers (koshas) of the body
– The Art of Skillful Teaching: Learn how to integrate authentic knowledge of tradition with an integral east/west approach to yoga from Yogrishi & Sianna
– The Art of Theming: Learn how to craft thematic classes to infuse your teaching and practice with insight, personal meaning, deep feeling and self-inquiry
– The Art of Sequencing: Learn how to skillfully sequence classes to serve, support and inspire your students
– Meditation, Asana & Pranayama practicals
– Sacred biomechanics of Asana Practice & Asana Pose Labs
– Myth, Mantra & Mudra
– Bhakti Yoga, Service & Living Yoga in Everyday Life
$2500 USD per person.
Pricing includes program tuition, 3 organic meals per day, shared accommodation in air-conditioned luxury yurt and transportation within India
*International travel & insurance are not included
YOUR TEACHERS AND GUIDES
ABOUT GOVARDHAN ECOVILLAGE
Swirled in the mystic mountains of time, and nestled in the lap of historical Kohoj Fort, Govardhan Ecovillage is a non-profit initiative founded by spiritual guide and author, Radhanath Swami. Located 108km north of Mumbai India, it is nestled in the foothills of the Sahyadri mountains, this state of the art spiritual education centre and farm community highlights the need for us to live in harmony with ourselves, nature and the sacred.
Govardhan Ecovillage is in complete harmony with nature and ecology and recently won the UN award for the top Eco Village retreat facilities in all of Asia, the most prestigious award in the field. Along with showcasing the best in eco-practices, Govardhan Ecovillage also assures of an ultimate escape from mundane to spiritual through Eco-friendly Cottages, Ayurvedic Center, Yoga studio, Vedic temple and Amenities center. The residential facilities include private and communal cottages made from eco-friendly materials like earth and fiber to invoke a serene and peaceful ambiance. Find out more http://www.ecovillage.org.in
Please note that an extended yatra & sacred pilgrimage of India will be available following the 2 week immersion at an additional cost